Thinking about what else new to write for your next content? But deciding is difficult because you have so much gone inside your head. Or maybe, you have a writer’s block. Why not repurpose your old content this time?
Repurposing Old Contents
Ever since the launch of your website you must have spent hours working on new content ideas and publishing them online. So by now, there are heaps of contents piling up and gathering cobweb dust.
But do you know that the average lifespan of content is almost 24 times the currently accepted measurement of 30 days?
That means that your old contents are still valuable and can be gold’s dig if you do agree to dig them back from the grave.
Old Contents are as valuable as New Contents
Recycling an old content will give you a chance to share your ideas and insights once again. Why let a wonderful idea go down the dust with rust?
Sometimes, an idea shared might be too advanced than the time or perhaps the medium of communication was wrong. In that case, have you tried out some other mediums? Repurposing contents can give you a chance to check out whether other mediums of communication could help you influence more target audiences in the market.
In fact, there are nine ways you could revive your old content and make it look completely fresh out of the box.
Four Incredible Ways to Repurpose Your Old Content
#1 – Convert Your Content into Videos
Past or future, visual storytelling still rocks! Almost 90 percent of the information transmitted to the human brain is visual information. Besides, they are fun to go through.
When visual information is compared with text-based information, it is found that visuals are processed 60,000 times faster by the human brain. In addition, while people can remember only 10 percent of what hear and 20 percent of what they read, they can remember 80 percent of what they see and do.
In short, the more interactive the information you are sharing is, the increased are the chances of your content being remembered by people. And what can be better than using motion in your story narration? Yes, videos are what I am talking about.
Video marketing is a fun and effective business promotion initiative. You would need a good script, knowledge on illustration and graphics and of course using animation software to turn alive your ideas. The benefit? Here are some stats that would show you the benefits –
- A one minute video is equal to 1.8 million words
- If you have a page with both text and a video, then users are likely to first click on the video link before reading the text
- People are likely to stay 2 minutes longer on your web page if you have a video content
To learn more about how a video content can be a great idea, visit this page on video marketing stats.
How to Turn Your Content into Video?
- So what are you waiting for? Choose an old content that you would want to turn new. Go through the information.
- Then develop a concept and include the data into your storytelling narration
- Once you have got your script storyboard ready, it’s time to turn it into animation
- Upload it to YouTube and watch the number of views you get from the second largest search engine platform. Do not forget to share it on social media too.
#2 – Everyone loves Infographics
Infographics is another form of visual storytelling. They are quick mediums of sharing information in tiny and colorful graphic designs. You can share tips or exciting information, infographics make any given information.
Designing and Infographic is different from Animated Videos
Here are some important things that you need to know when designing an infographic –
- You need to focus more on the graphics and less on the information. However, do not forget to add a great headline because that is what going to shine at the top.
- An infographic file may tend to become heavy. You must keep in mind to optimize your infographic file size low so that visitors do not have to keep waiting because of slow page load.
- Divide your information into different sections. Create individual designs for each of these sections. It will give visitors a reason to scroll through your infographic page.
- Do not forget to get your infographic SEO optimized.
#3 – How about a SlideShare Presentation?
A lot of people do not pay particular attention to SlideShare presentation.
So what is Slideshare presentation?
This is one of the largest presentation sharing platforms in the world. It has over 18 million uploads in 40 content categories.
With Slideshare presentation, you can share almost any type of content online. It can be a PDF file, video, webinars, and others.
How to use a Slideshare Presentation?
- Create your own account and fill in all required information.
- Once you are done with that, you are now ready to share any type of content you want to online.
- Convert your old blogs into little informative slides using Slideshare Presentation. Include attention-grabbing images to your presentation.
- Embed important web page links so that it is easily accessible to your target audience.
- When you are ready with your presentation, it’s time to upload it online. Add a catchy title and a crispy description to it.
You can learn more about slide share presentation if you are interested. It’s worth a try!
#4 – Relaunch Your Content with Email Blast
Sometimes a little bit of push can be worth a nudge. This is especially true in case you are trying to attract new customers who don’t know much about what your business is all about.
Hence comes the necessity of an email blast. An email blast is bulk correspondences that you can send to your customers and other important business associates.
You can include special promotional information or critical updates to a target customer of your choice. But but…repurposing a content and turning it into an email blast can be difficult if you don’t know how to.
How to Create an Email Blast?
- First, your main message should be present in the subject line of your email blast. That’s the first thing that the recipient will see after opening his/her email box. So make sure you have everything mentioned in the first five words.
- Second, keep your body copy precise and clear. Use actionable words. Keep the length crisp. Neither more nor less. Talk more about the benefits of your service. Highlight the things that are likely to catch the interest of your target audience.
- A compelling picture might do good.
- Third, conclude your email blast with a good Call-to-Action.
Ready to Repurpose Your Old Content?
You do not have to struggle with creating new content for every marketing channel. Repurposing your old content can open up multiple opportunities for sharing your ideas and instigating them to love your brand. It’s fast and easy. Are you ready to get your old content repurposed?
Image Courtesy: pixabay.com